Monday 4 December 2017

Dear Santa .....

As a kick-off to our holiday celebrations, the children at our little yellow school have been writing letters to Santa.  Our students will be visiting Santa at the mall with their families to let him know what they want for Christmas.  As Santa's time during mall visits is always so limited, the letters were an opportunity for the children to tell or ask Santa something.  Many children wanted to really get to know the man behind the red suit.  Just who is Santa and what makes him tick?

Our older students wrote their own letters while template letters were filled out with our younger students.  Here are the precious letters. (You can click on the images to make them larger.)

Dear Santa ~ Letters With Something to Tell

I am five years old.  At school I like to print letters.  I like to swim.

I am five years old.  I love to play games.  I love doing work.

I am five years old.  My favourite friend is Elizabeth.

I didn't put up my stockings yet.

I have three brothers.  I am five years old.

I am excited to make cookies for you to eat!

I love you.

I am getting ready to decorate my Christmas tree.  You will love it!

I love you so much!  I will make chocolate cookies for you!



Dear Santa ~ Questions For Santa


Do the elves make snowmen?  How are you all doing with Mrs. Claus?

What's your favourite colour?

What is your favourite movie?

What time do you go to bed?
 
What does Rudolph like to eat?

You are so great.  Which elf is your favourite?

What do you like to eat?

How are the elves doing?  How are you and Mrs. Claus?

Do you go on vacation to Florida?

Is there snow at the North Pole?

What are the elves doing?

Which cookies do you like?  I love you Santa.  You are the best.


The Santa Letter-writing program is run by Canada Post.  Santa's volunteer elves will respond to the children with one poster letter for each class.  The letter will include each child's name.  It is such a lovely program and a very simple introduction to letter writing. 




Our letters are now on their way to the North Pole! We are looking forward to receiving a reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment